Sunday, May 10, 2009

Book Launch Parties

So far I've had two terrific book launch parties for JEMMA HARTMAN, CAMPER EXTRAORDINAIRE. I have to tell you the truth... I get terrible jitters before these events. I worry that nobody will show up or if they do show up that I'll have nothing interesting to say. So far neither one of these things have occurred. :-D

It makes me realize, yet again, that I have married the best man on earth. Alan totally knows how to handle all my author insecurities and worries and excitement. He never gets rattled or sucked into my emotions, but he listens to me and assures me in his loving and humorous way. Thanks Bud!

Here are some pix from the first party* at the Barnes & Noble in West Bloomfield, Michigan:


A terrific turnout!


Meeting a reader from Ann Arbor

And here are some from the second party* at The Book Stall in Winnetka, Illinois:


Check out this awesome crowd. I'm showing a picture of the camp that
inspired Camp Star Lake in JEMMA HARTMAN.


Signing books!


Some of the yummy treats I baked for the party.

Big thanks to everyone who came out to these events and asked such good questions and applauded and laughed at all the right times! I still have one more book launch party* coming. It will by May 31 at 2 pm at the Deerfield, Illinois Barnes & Noble. Hope to see you there!

*My sons say these are not parties. They are book signings. But I disagree. We have a crowd of people. And fresh baked cookies. And laughter and love. Sounds like a party to me.

No comments: