Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Sheri J Has Won a Book, and You Can, Too!

Congratulations to Sheri J, who is the next winner in the Countdown to Camp Contest. Sheri wrote about a huge storm at her camp where they lost power for four days and ended up brushing their teeth with bug juice. You gotta love it!

Now that my books and prizes have all arrived, I am starting to send out the prize packages to the winners.

Here's what Sheri and three other winners should be receiving in the mail this week:


Two tattoos, a deck of cards, a bracelet, a pen, a postcard, a piece of stationery, a bookmark, and of course, a book!

Next week I'll be drawing the final winner, so enter now! All you have to do is send me an e-mail or leave a comment on my blog or facebook group with a camp memory.

Here's what the professional reviewers have said about JEMMA so far:

"Any child who has ever lost a friend will relate to Jemma's inner turmoil. Ferber has drawn a realistic main character who experiences pain and discomfort when Tammy continually rejects her. The plot moves along swiftly, and Jemma’s first-person narrative rings true, as do the issues and the camp experience." Publisher's Weekly

"For all the tweens who believe in BFF but find out, to their great disappointment, that it isn’t for everyone, this is the book for them." Kirkus

"The author of Julia’s Kitchen (2006) offers here a lighter story for a slightly younger audience. Ferber has a fine ear for preteen dialogue and concerns, and her descriptions of overnight camp activities (especially sailing and waterskiing) will strike a chord with readers." Booklist

Confession: I am never really sure if what I'm writing is any good at all, so even though I'd like to say I don't care about reviews, the truth is, I do. That's why I'm breathing a huge sigh of relief right now and pinching myself a few times as these lovely reviews roll in. Yay!

No comments: