Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Exciting News!

I'm so psyched! I just found out Tedd Arnold will be illustrating my picture book, The Yuckiest, Stinkiest Best Valentine's Day Ever!
I love Tedd Arnold. If you're not familiar with his work, he wrote and illustrated the Parts books, the Fly Guy books, and more. His artwork is wacky and sweet and loved by kids and adults alike.

How lucky am I??

This picture book journey of mine has been a lesson in patience, good things coming to those who wait, and the power of revision.
I wrote the first draft of this book when my twins were in 2nd grade. I revised it for five years. I sold it when they were in 7th grade. They're freshmen now. And they will be seniors in high school when it comes out! (And that's if everything goes according to plan.)
It's a crazy business, but I wouldn't trade it for the world!

No comments: