Thursday, April 12, 2007

Secret Details Revealed!

So Granny left a comment asking us some questions. I'll answer them and see if there is anything else to talk about. By the way, thanks for all of the comments and emails!!! Oo I feel like a movie star! Ahh!! Ok so anyways... in Julia's Kitchen, there are a lot of little details in the story that I know where they came from but other people don't. Granny wanted to know what some of those things were. Well Chief Peterson came from local Firefighter Keith Patterson. He comes to the schools sometimes and teaches all that fire safety stuff. It's the same stuff you learn EVERY year but Firefighter Keith makes it really fun. Also, he helped my mom out a lot with the book. Firefighter Keith told her that fires could start from toaster ovens and that they should be unplugged. Did you get that? THEY NEED TO BE UNPLUGGED! Firefighter Keith also helped my mom out with any other questions along those lines. Thanks Firefighter Keith!

In Julia's Kitchen, Cara's dad works for ADF Advertising. ADF are my dad's initials. Go Daddy! It's your birthday! We're gonna party like it's your birthday!

When Cara delivers the cookies for Julia's Kitchen, she brings them to 1414 Baer Avenue. Baer is my mom's sister's last name. They are reallllllllly close. Closer than like... anything I can think of. But you get the point. Anyways, they live at 1414 because 14 is my aunt's favorite number.

In the story, Minnie Rosen also comes from my aunt. Her first name is Micky so it's like Micky, Minnie, woo Disney. So that's where Minnie came from. Also, my aunt used to be dating this guy named Don (short for Donald). So my mom thought it would be funny if Micky and Donald married because they both have Disney names. My mom said she pictured their house being completely decked out in Disney. So that's where the Rosen's house theme comes from.

Also in soon to be published Jemma Hartman, Camper Extraordinare, there is a lot of stuff that I can relate to because the book is pretty much based on mine and my mom's camp experiences at Camp Birch Knoll. But I will talk about that later on when the book actually comes out. Ok that's all for now!

3 comments:

Micky Baer said...

Thanks for the shout out, Faithy (it's Aunt Micky). Okay, I have a question for either you or Sammy... Do you ever worry that your mom will include something in one of her books that will embarrass you because it reveals something too personal?

PS, I love you! Great blog!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Great blog brenda i love it. (^-^) thanks for the e-mail.

Brenda said...

Hi Darby! I'm glad you like the blog. If you or your friends ever have any questions for Faith, she'll do her best to answer them here.