A random sample of things I'm loving lately...
1. My MacBook. This computer is so amazing!!! I watched a video tutorial for iMovie, and within minutes I was making movies. Seriously! It is so easy. I am having a blast. (I am also totally procrastinating. I only wrote three pages of my w-i-p today, which is not a lot considering I have no kids at home.)
2. The Horn Book Magazine. I just read the July/August issue, my favorite each year because it contains the Newbery and Caldecott acceptance speeches. When I read the speech by Laura Amy Schlitz, I was in tears. No, not because I wish it were my speech! But because she is such a fabulous writer! I loved A Drowned Maiden's Hair, but I haven't had a chance yet to read Good Masters! Sweet Ladies! Must add to my to-be-read list (which keeps growing thanks to the enticing reviews in The Horn Book).
3. My critique group. We meet tomorrow, and I'm so looking forward to it. I love my writing sisters!
4. Weeds. Did you see it last night? Nancy is crazy! They are all crazy. I love them.
5. Swingtown. Have you started watching? This is my favorite new show. Great characters. Great tension. Fun.
What about you? What are you loving this summer?