Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Great and Powerful Ozzy

Ozzy has arrived!



So we didn't name him after the Wizard of Oz (even though we love children's lit).



And we didn't name him after Ozzie Guillen (even though we love the White Sox).



We named him after a reality TV star.



Seriously. Maybe I should be embarrassed about that, but I'm not. Our family loves Survivor, and we watch it together every Thursday night. And anyone who is a fan of Survivor is a fan of Ozzy!

You may remember when I first started thinking about getting a dog. It was after my cat died, my house (and all my diaries) were robbed, my editor was let go, and worst of all, my grandmother passed away. There was a lot of yuckiness, and it seemed we needed a dog.

Now we have one. :-)

It feels like getting married, or having babies, in the way I know my life will forever be divided between Before Ozzy and After Ozzy. I don't really have this puppy thing down pat. I haven't figured out how to balance the rest of my life with taking care of him. I don't know how I'm going to give him a bath or train him. And I don't know when I'll have time to write. But I do know that Ozzy was meant to be a part of our family.


Faith and her new BFF

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, what a sweetie pie! Congratulations on your newest (and hopefully furriest) member of the family.

Brenda said...

Thanks Lisa!