Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Random Acts of Kindness Update

I'm so psyched that Publishers Weekly is spreading the news about my Random Acts of Kindness contest. I hope you all will email me with the fun things you are doing.

To inspire you, here are a few things that have already been done:

Ellen helped a young girl who couldn't find her parents after school. Pretty scary for the child and the parents. Hooray for Ellen, who acted on instinct and saved the day.

Twelve-year-old Tova stuck up for a classmate who was being bullied. Then she created a t-shirt design that says, "I like who I am/ That's good enough." Go Tova!!

Bonnie used to work as an activities coordinator at a nursing home. The other day she stopped in to visit some of the residents there and spread some cheer.
Here's Bonnie visiting some old friends. He's 102! She's 100!

Teenagers Sammy and Emily wrote an anonymous letter reminding the recipient that she is loved, and they slipped it under her door.

As for me... I stuck $2 bills in five random library books the other day. I anonymously paid a library late fine for a random family. And I baked cookies and delivered them to our local fire department. Fun fun fun!

What random acts of kindness have you done lately? I'd love to know!


2 comments:

Micky Baer said...

I love that Jeff did not think about his random act of kindness as a random act of kindness- just "the right thing to do". After snowblowing our driveway on this freezing cold morning he took care of an elderly neighbor's driveway without her even knowing.

Brenda said...

He is a good guy though and through!