Sunday, January 20, 2013

Yucky, Stinky Valentine Event

I had so much fun at the Deerfield Library on Friday. I read my book to a crowd of mostly strangers, and then we made yucky, stinky valentines. True, I had stocked the audience with a few nieces and nephews, but they weren't the only ones in attendance.

It never ceases to surprise me when strangers read my books. Like, I get that's the whole point of publishing your book, but still. There are people in this world who don't know me and who, with no obligation to me, choose my book off the library or book store shelf. There are even people who will come out on a cold winter's day to hear me read to them and to make valentines and to even purchase my book and ask for my autograph. That is just plain amazing.

So huge thanks to all you strangers out there who are reading my books and coming to my events and making me smile from ear to ear. 







No comments: