Friday, February 01, 2008

Winter in Chicago



I like the seasons. All of them. But winter can last an awfully long time, especially in Chicago. We got about a foot of snow last night, and this morning my kids were thrilled to hear that they would get to enjoy a snow day instead of going to school.

Unfortunately, the Chicago Public School system did not close their schools, and I was scheduled to do an author visit for about 500 fourth-eighth graders at Rosario Castellanos this morning. So I trekked downtown in this lovely weather. It took me two hours to get there, but I have to say, it was worth it! I really love getting to do these presentations. Today's was all about revision. I hope the kids learned something. I hope I inspired them.

My husband ended up working from home so someone could keep an eye on the kids. It was a nice change to be the one to leave the house for work! Jacob shoveled the driveway, and he did an amazing job. He didn't ask for any help, but I helped him anyway. That snow at the end of the driveway is always so heavy! Now I'm beat, and I'm looking forward to ordering pizza for dinner and relaxing.

Happy Weekend!

No comments: